Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birth of a Saviour


The Inspector looked across at Tony.

Tony stared right back. A defiant smirk on his face.

Finally they had met. This was always meant to happen.

Tony running from the police and the Inspector right on his tail.

Roshan: Give it up Tony. You know you have done wrong.

Tony: Wrong? Ha..please, Insector, How in the world do you think that I have done anyting wrong?

Roshan: Oh, I suppose torturing and killing those 5 men was a mistake, was it?

Tony: No. That was no mistake. They deserved it. But it was a mistake to let the 6th one escape. He jumped out of the window before I could get to him.

Roshan: So what? He jumped from the 10th floor window. He died immediately. What more do you want?

Tony: I wanted him to die slowly. Painfully. By my hands. He was guilty. They were all guilty.

Roshan: You could have let the courts decide that.

Tony: I know what happens in our courts. I knew where it was going. The courts don't work anymore in our country.

Roshan: You are in grief Tony. It has made you unstable.

Tony: Why are you mincing words inspector? Why don't you just call me Mad on my face?!

Roshan: (sigh) I understand your loss, Tony.

Tony: Oh, you do, do you? Well then, tell me how it feels inspector? TELL ME HOW I FEEL?!! YOU PSYCHIATRIC PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!

Roshan: ...

Tony: Cat got your tongue, inspector? Ha...I thought so...There is not one sane person who can tell me that what I did was wrong. I might be in grief. I might be mourning the loss of my family. But what I did was not in any fit of rage, inspector. I planned for it and I executed it. I executed them.

Roshan: So now that you have got the murderers of your family; Now what, Tony?

Tony: Oh, I don't know, Sir.

Roshan: You don't know?

Tony: You see...when I started out, this was just my revenge, my vengeance. But somewhere along the way, during all the read-up I did on my victims and their past crimes, I realised these people were just the insignificant tips of the iceberg. Nothing more than Roaches. Now, I feel like going after the big guns.

Roshan: They will put you down Tony. Just like they did to all the rest before you.

Tony: Oh, no they won't. They can only put me down if you release me to them, Inspector Roshan.

Roshan: You know I will, Tony.

Tony: I wasn't asking you Roshan. Just letting you know, thats all. You don't have the guts to reign me in. You never could. I wanted to have this last meeting with you before I started out on my tasks. Thats why I took the bait you had set for me. I will cleanse this land of the scum that rule and deface it. FOR THIS IS MY DESTINY!! Haven't you read the Gita, Inspector?

Roshan: I..I don't remember..

Tony: The Lord says, "Whenever there is a withering of the law and an uprising of lawlessness on all sides, then will I manifest myself. For the salvation of the righteous and the destruction of evil, for firmly establishing of the law, I come to birth age after age" Don't you understand Inspector..??! That is me. For this age, am the manifestation!!!

Roshan: Settle down Tony.

Tony: Too late for that, Inspector. Hahaahahaaaaa...

[Tony picks up the vase lying nearby and smashes it into the mirror he is staring at]

As the shards of glass fall and streak his face, somewhere, deep inside Tony, with each burst of maniacal laughter that Tony laughs, Inspector Roshan feels himself taking his last breaths. There is no more Roshan. Only Tony. Who will also be Inspector Roshan in the days to come. After all, it is Destiny...

Tony:

"yada yada hi dharmasya
glanir bhavati bharata
abhyutthanam adharmasya
tadatmanam srjamy aham"
....hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!