Saturday, August 29, 2009

MIRROR ON THE WALL



Staring into the image

Of myself in my reflection

I search for change

To explain my affliction

It bares me as I am

It reveals who I am

Or does it again?

Am I being misled again?

For the left is right

So, is whatever right right?

A mirror does that

Where is the truth at?

I have come a long way

Spent a lot of time whiling away

Searched for reasons and rhymes

Yearning for more good times

The mirror does not know

The mirror only sees

Its purpose is to show

A smile, a pain or a crease

So do I explain why I am?

Or do I hope that the mirror will know,

Understand and accept me as I am

Even with the scars I show

Nothing is for certain

Am adrift alone

I could try to pretend

Just to not be forlorn

But the mirror

It’s still there

In my face

Making plain my disgrace

In the end I choose

To turn and look away

Stop being the muse

There’s no difference anyway

Mirrors show but that’s all

True people lie beneath

To let the facade fall

Needs a courage rare and deep

So take down the mirror

Go on, feel the true you

Satisfy yourself and no other

what matters is only YOU...

3 comments:

Cris Hand said...

hey nice work nicks ...keep it up..

Nicks aka Jester said...

thnx bro ;) much appreciated..

Madhavi Nisha Nair said...

nice one...:)